Thanks for your interest in this great new Aussie resource to help you teach Maths to your 4 to 14 year olds. I won't keep you long....like all the teachers I know and have worked with, you're probably flat out doing all the stuff you have to do....
....like planning your lessons to cater for the different abilities of your students....
....like checking the progress of all your students and talking to parents....
....like trying to find suitable graded resources to use in class....
....like making sure you're covering the required curriculum in all topic areas....
....like planning and marking assessments and recording and analysing the results....
....like keeping up with your professional development, attending meetings and workshops....
....like doing all this STUFF in the limited time you have, and still having a life....
And trust me, I completely know what that feels like....
So, when it comes to the Maths progress of your students, you need a resource that will:
- help you manage differentiation and diversity in your classroom
- be easy for you to start using, literally within a few minutes of getting access to it
- provide you with appropriate stimuli to introduce new concepts to your students at their own level
- challenge your brighter students while also catering for average to below average abilities, including students with special needs and struggling Junior High Maths students
- provide you with extra materials for consolidating Maths concepts you've already introduced
- cover all the outcomes required by the Australian F-6 Maths Curriculum and ideally be created by experienced Australian classroom Teachers and be suitable for NAPLAN preparation
- keep your students engaged in their learning activities whatever their level of understanding
- give your students better understanding and therefore the confidence to try and the ability to succeed at given tasks
- show your students how Maths is applied in the real world
- keep track of all the activities attempted and completed by your students
- be available 24/7, be web-based, and work on all devices
- allow you to show videos to, and copy materials for, your class
Which is why I've put together a new Maths website called Max & Min Maths Club which will give you ALL of the above PLUS....
- 140 animated colour videos featuring twins Max and Min who learn, along with your own students, in a clear and patient style, the whole F-6 Maths Curriculum via their adventures and activities with family and friends
- 140 charts, each linked to a video, which add to and consolidate the concepts you teach
- 140 online quizzes, each linked to a video, containing 1400 questions with audio files which read questions and answers for students who cannot read, and teach correct Maths literacy
- Optional captions in all 140 videos are ideal for silent viewing, for kids with hearing loss, or for kids whose first language is not English.
- An Activities Dashboard which lists, for each of your students, all the videos watched and quizzes done with best scores, dates and number of attempts listed
- All these resources are organised and numbered into 7 ability levels (F to 6) each covering the entire Australian F-6 Maths Curriculum within 7 topic areas, and there is a comprehensive Search Function to make finding concepts and topics very quick
- All these resources focus on Maths understanding and confidence, making them ideal for NAPLAN preparation
- As comprehensive as this site is to engage older students, it's been specifically designed to be as simple and fast as possible to enable a 4 year old to use it with little adult supervision
I think this resource is something you'll find very helpful and time saving....
.....Let me explain.
Hi, my name is Len Farrugia. I was born and educated in Sydney, and since the 1980's I've worked in city and regional areas both as a qualified Maths Teacher and registered Architect
Perhaps an unusual combination, however my skills have enabled me to lead an awesome team of other Teachers, Graphic and Cartoon Artists, Web Designers and Marketers to create this great resource for you and your students at www.maxandminmaths.club
Here's the story....
I think we can agree that too many Australian kids have low Maths confidence....that too many are struggling with numeracy as a result....
I truly believe that lasting confidence can only come from solid understanding, I'm really passionate about that.
That's why I've just spent 2 years creating Max & Min Maths Club with my team of educators, graphic artists and IT professionals to give you a unique Aussie resource to help you.... help your students....really understand and be comfortable with Maths, whatever their level right now, from Foundation (Kinder/Prep/PrePr/Recept/Trans) to Year 6, and even struggling Junior High School students.
Research and experience have shown that kids love animations and are very much engaged by them....they're even happy to watch them multiple times....so your students will increase their Maths understanding and boost their Maths confidence as they enjoy the adventures and activities of Max and Min and their family and friends.
The 140 Max & Min Maths Club animated videos cover the whole Australian F-6 Maths Curriculum and are divided into 7 Topic Areas:
- 1. Whole Numbers
- 2. Addition & Subtraction
- 3. Multiplication & Division
- 4. Fractions & Decimals
- 5. Patterns & Algebra
- 6. Measurement & Geometry
- 7. Data & Chance
Each Topic Area is covered by multiple animated videos, ranging from Foundation (Kinder/Prep/PrePr/Recept/Trans) level right through to Year 6 level, so your students can engage with Max & Min Maths Club at whatever level they need to for each concept, enabling you to more easily cater for class differentiation.
All 140 Max & Min Maths Club animated videos come with a Chart in PDF form which you can download and copy for your students if you wish. These Charts add to and/or consolidate the information presented in the videos.
All 140 Max & Min Maths Club animated videos come with an online Multiple Choice Quiz, including 1400 questions and 1400 audio files you and your students can easily click on, to hear questions and answers read out for those who can't read and/or to reinforce correct Maths literacy and pronunciation of Maths terms.
The Max & Min Maths Club website also gives you a comprehensive Search Function which very quickly finds the videos which feature the key words and concepts you search, making it great to use in the classroom when you need to find things FAST.
Max & Min Maths Club IS A UNIQUE AUSSIE RESOURCE, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT.
100% NO COST & OBLIGATION-FREE 1 MONTH TRIAL
All Schools, Teachers and their Students are eligible for free 24/7 access to Max & Min Maths Club for 1 month. Use it as much as you like, in class or at home, and if for any reason you don't think our videos, charts and quizzes will engage your students and boost their Maths confidence and results... no problem, just let your access expire.
Of course, after the trial period ends, Schools can purchase class sets of student logins including ongoing free teacher access, at a discounted rate.
Here's what Teachers and Parents are saying about Max & Min Maths Club:
"As both a primary school teacher and parent of three I have often found educational resources to be all too frequently complex, ineffective in their delivery or lacking focus in what they set out to achieve with learning outcomes. With Max & Min Maths Club I have a resource that is effective in its simplicity, allows for diverse learning needs and focuses on the key strength of visual aids when modelling to children. Max & Min Maths Club removes the ineffective bloat that exists on many other competing sites and educational resources and enables students to be active, independent and engaged in their own learning. I use the videos frequently in my professional practice to prepare, practice and inform students and make me a more efficient educator. Quizzes and downloadable charts provide simple assessment methods that my students can follow in their own time and reduce my daily workload."
Aaron, Primary School Assistant Principal
"As a primary school teacher I found Max & Min Maths Club really easy to navigate, very clear and easy to follow. It's great that the videos are organised by syllabus outcome, it makes it much easier to search for the video that matches what you are teaching for the day. I really like that the videos are linked to known strategies for counting – using fingers and real world experiences. The quizzes are great for a whole class Smart Board activity, really good to assess new knowledge. I love how Max & Min Maths Club is so interactive and visual for the kids."
Ashleigh, Primary School Teacher and Parent
"With Max & Min Maths Club you're onto something great, my daughter really loves it. She's in year 1 and likes watching the videos, she goes on it for over an hour at a time. With the quizzes at the end of each video, she re-does the questions she gets wrong and likes that she can better her score and she is obviously learning. She also does some year 2 stuff."
"Max & Min Maths Club is an awesome concept - I have never seen anything like this before. As a teacher I can see how these videos can have multiple uses in the classroom. Definitely whole class, and also small groups on the iPads - so great for differentiation!"
Stephanie - Primary School Teacher and Parent
"My son is home schooled and we find this resource to be very easy to use. It uses stories and animation to cover the relevant content and this makes it clear and detailed all the while keeping him engaged. I can see us continuing to use it as part of our lessons and highly recommend it."
Kaamila - Home Schooling Parent
Want to get free access to Max & Min Maths Club?...
Simply click here for how to get yourself and your students 24/7 access to our unique resources.
I encourage you to take this opportunity to trial, at no cost or obligation, Max & Min Maths Club and use the animated videos, charts and quizzes in your classroom to see firsthand just how effective they can be for engaging your students
And I almost forgot....when you get 24/7 online access to Max & Min Maths Club, you'll be able to download and keep 3 BONUSES from the Resources menu:
BONUS #1 - The Australian F-6 Maths Curriculum includes a surprisingly large amount of content - you might even be shocked to see how much. I wrote "F-6 Maths Milestones" to particularly help parents and students get their heads around exactly what Maths every Aussie kid is supposed to know by the time they get to Year 7.
BONUS #2 - I recently made a 9 minute animated video called "Max & Min's Intro to Junior High Algebra" which covers concepts from the Patterns & Algebra topic leading into the simple Algebra taught in Years 7 and 8 Maths. This video is especially useful for challenging the brighter Year 5 and 6 students, or for Year 7 and 8 students who need to better understand the basics of Algebra.
BONUS #3 - My son Luke is a logical thinker and he's my go-to person when it comes to anything computers. He's also great with people and loves helping others. Just for the fun of it, and to teach you some new ways to know and use numbers, Luke has put together..."5 Number Hacks That'll Make Your Life Easier (Even If You're Bad At Maths)".
P.S. Remember, Max & Min Maths Club is a 24/7 online resource designed specifically to help you teach the Australian F-6 Maths Curriculum. Click here now for how to gain trial access to Max & Min Maths Club for yourself and your students.